Monday, 28 February 2011

Three Of A Kind

   
Hi

I have to confess that the idea for today's cards is not my own but that of my husband - this blogging / crafting is really going to his head.  I even think that he is now considering himself an expert LOL!!!

Whilst I was too unwell to craft he suggested that, when I was feeling a little better, I could make three identical cards in three different colourways - one black & white, one sepia and one in colour.  Now, obviously, I need to humour him and keep him sweet - we don't want him turning feral !!! Besides, I actually thought it was rather a good idea, but don't go telling him ;-)

(I don't need telling - understated genius is a curse that I have learned to accept !! OK, back to my box...)

So, now that I am regaining my health I thought I would give it a go.  Here's what I've created. 


I decided to use this lovely Sarah Kay image by Stampavie - it's one of Simon's favourites!!!  I used my Promarkers for this one. 



Here's the sepia version, I used my Promarkers for this one too.





And now we have the coloured version, which I coloured using my Copic Markers.






Recipe:

Image: Sarah Kay Spring Blossoms by Stampavie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Colouring Medium: Promarkers and Copic Markers
Papers & Card: Stampin' Up
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Tools: Nesties Large Rectangles and Large Scalloped Rectangles, Magnolia Doo Hickeys Doily Flowers and Vintage Flowers and Leaf all used with Sizzix Big Shot
Others: Pins, Ribbons and Ribbon Sliders all from my stash

Here they are all photographed together.


I am going to enter them into the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe Crafts - Spring ... Flowers Everywhere
Wild Orchid Challenges - Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund Challenge - Calling All Squares
Stamp Something - Flowers

I am entering the sepia version of this card into the challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog where the theme is Coffee & Cream.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by.  I hope you liked this project.

Hugs

16 comments:

Jacee said...

Excellent cards Penni, what a good idea! and so good to see you crafting again.
Hugs Jacee

theCook said...

My favorite is the sepia one.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Penni ,, all of them are fabulous and it was a good idea to make 3 in different colourways :-)shh :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Danielle said...

What a fab idea to showcase this stamp and same card design in 3 different ways ... I love it Penni! And for the record, your husband is a hoot! I'm very glad to hear you are getting back to full health too!
Hugs, Danielle

Linby said...

What a great idea, it's lovely to see them all side by side too - you've done a great job. As for the OH I think you had better make him your artistic director LOL!
Lynn x

Crystal said...

these are FANTASTIC Penni, LOVE how you used this image in different colors..FABULOUS!

Diane said...

Penni, thank you for visiting my blog today and for your sweet comments about my paper flowers. YES YOU CAN DO THIS! These flowers are from the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. You can cut them on one of the many die machines there are out there. It's just a matter of cutting and then "curling" the flowers on a dowel to get them to turn and curl like the ones you've purchased!
Go for it!
your own cards are just beautiful!!!
Come back and visit with me again!
Hugs, Diane

paola said...

wow!! you hit the ground running with this ensemble my friend these are absolutely GORGEOUS!, hope you still have my address, he he
smiles
Paola

Dragon said...

Love all three but I think I like the coloured one best on this occasion!!! What a great idea to get you off and crafting again... Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog
Frankie
xx

Dragon said...

PS glad tou are feeling better now
Frankie
xx

Kim said...

Penni these are absolutely stunning!!! What beauties hun!!! Gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Sue said...

Hi Ya Penni
totally gorgeous cards, luv the pink/blue colour combo, beautiful papers & embelies. Lol think ya gona have to nail Simons box down or give him his own blog soon! sue,x

Jessica said...

Great card, Penni!

Thanks for joining us at the 7Kids challenge blog this week!

Rach said...

what a fantastic idea Penni, they all look amazing hun.. hugs rachxx
oh and Penni i don't think that you shut the lid on that box well enough!! lol. hugs rachxx

KimberleyG said...

Great idea Simon. Lovely cards Penni!

Mina said...

three gorgeous cards Penni and what a brilliant idea to make them identical but so different in the tones...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx