Saturday, 21 January 2012

Colouring Pleats - A Video Tutorial

Hi

Today I would like to share with you a video that I have made showing how I colour pleats / folds in clothing.



Here is the card I made using the image from my video:



I made a card with a cross over front and an insert, here's the insert:



I used the following Copic Markers to colour the image:


Skin: E0000, E00, E21 R20
Hair: E50, E31, E37
Shoes: E40, E43, E44
Clothes and Balloon: B0000, B000, B00, B02 and Colourless Blender
(I used the same colours for the smaller image on the insert)

Here's a close up of the finished image:


Items used to create card: 


Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Balloon (Standard Size and Mini)
Papers and Card: From my stash
Tools: Nesties Large Ovals, Nellies Multriframe Hearts and various Magnolia Doo Hickeys
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain
Flowers: From Wild Orchid Crafts
Cord: From my stash



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps Challenge - January Blues (Use the Colour Blue)
City Crafter Challenge - Pretty Inside and Out
Wild Orchid Challenge - Anything Goes 


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed my video.

Hugs
Penni
X

29 comments:

Daniele said...

wow just loving this Penni, love the blue and brown colour combo
hugs

Pinkllilac said...

This is stunning!!Penni great card and an absolutley fabulous image nice layout too, thank for the tut too.
Hugs Linda

Ros said...

Stunning!! What a gorgeous creation ... so glad you played along at CCCB this week

Stephanie said...

So kind of you to share your technique with us, your colouring is flawless :) x

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Beautiful card!

Paula said...

Fantastic card! Your coloring is beautiful, thanks so much for your tutorial (I definitely need help with coloring).

Cathy Lee said...

Gorgeous card, Penni. TFS your video, great technique.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Christa said...

Hi penni , what a great card for our blue challenge !! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Christa.

Brittany said...

This is gorgeous.. hugs! Brittany, xoxo
http://mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.com/

Linda R. said...

What a gorgeous card. And the sweetest image.. I love the way it folds.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Rene said...

Absolutely gorgeous! And I love the music on your video...so happy!
Rene :D

Pam said...

This is stunning Penni. Thanks for the tutorial.
Hugs....Pam:)

Barb Hardeman said...

Wonderful card Penni! I love that it opens and your paper selection is gorgeous. Great tutorial on coloring pleats too! Hugs...Barb <><

julieprice3 said...

This is just beautiful Penni
I love the fold of your card and Tilda is coloured beautifully
Hugs Julie P

Linda said...

Wow and Wow stunning design and coloring too!!!!!What an excellent job you did on this card!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

NRJDesign said...

Thanks for your generosity and thanks to share your talent. It is really appreciated. Wish you a wonderful year. Nadine

Francy said...

Stunning criss cross card. I love all details.
I don't use copic but thank you for your tutorial.
Francy

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is a stunningly gorgeous project, love the blue and brown colour combo
Lindsay xx

Juliep said...

Beautiful card. I love the criss cross design and your maggie is colored beautifully.

Elle said...

Stunning tutorial on pleats. Very informative. Speaking of stunning, your card is beautiful!

Cordine said...

Gorgeous! Love those criss cross cards!
Hugs
Cordine

Paper Tails said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for the tutorial.

Karen

EnblogSail said...

Charming card! Did you use photoshop to do the background of your fotos?

Darlene Lyons said...

Your work inspires me!!

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Penni, enjoyed the tuto too! thank you for sharing.
Love that criss cross card, and all the lovely lace , makes it so precious and delicat. Gorgeous cluster too.
Hugs.

Pen to Paper said...

Awesome card and thanks for the tutorial!!! I always wondered how to do pleats!!

Hugs,

Jackie

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is lovely, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

cabio's craft corner said...

Your card is so sweet Penni and Tilda's dress is colored beautifully :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

cnelson said...

Lovely! ! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!!!