Saturday 2 January 2010

It's Another Calendar!!!!

 

Yes, I've made another calendar!!!! 

I promised my two boys that I would make calendars for them to take back to school in the New Year - one for each of their teachers. 

When I was at junior school (as it was called in the olden days!!!) I had one teacher.  Now, in this modern world in which we live, kids have teachers and the teachers have assistants!!!!  Edward has two teachers and one teaching assistant in his class and William has one teacher and a teaching assistant.   So I've had to make five calendars (only two more to go), luckily they have an Inset Day on Monday and so I've got an extra day to get them finished!!!

Anyway, less of my moaning (I love it really!!!) - here's my calendar.




For this one I've used two Magnolia Stamps - Edwin with Glasses and Pile of School Books.  I stamped them using the masking technique and have coloured them using my Copic Markers, as usual!!!





I'm going to enter this into two challenges
Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential, where (luckily for me!!) the challenge is to make a calendar!!!!
Roses on Paper, where we have to use our favourite colouring medium, which, as you know, is my Copic Markers.





Recipe:

Stamps: Magnolia Edwin with Glasses and Pile of School Books
Ink: Memento Black and Ranger Distress Ink in Old Paper
Colouring Medium: Copic Markers
Papers: Basic Grey Recess 6 x 6 Stack and orange card from my stash
Calendar: Hobby Craft
Embelishment: We R Memory Keepers designer gromlet from the School pack.  Brad from my stash.
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Big Bite, Nesties Large Circle Die with Sizzix Big Shot

Thanks for stopping by today.

Best Wishes for 2010.

Hugs


9 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

This is brilliant Penni your design, colours and image are perfect for a teacher they will surely love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just precious Penni!! :) Love your "school" image and your papers are so fab!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Darlene said...

Very, very cute!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Saturday Spotlight! Happy New Year!

Erica said...

Very cute, they'll be worth a little bitty wait.

Francesca said...

Very cute , I bet the teachers will love them
Hugs
Francesca

Crystal said...

AWWW Penni this is FANTASTIC I love your calendar design and this sweet image!!! What a great gift for a teacher!!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

Julia Aston said...

this Edwin is perfect for a calendar for teacher! love him sitting on his pile of books!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This Edwin is perfect! The teacher will love it!!! Sweet design!! What a creative gift idea!!
Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight!

Jodi said...

Fabulous calendar!! I love it, perfect for a teacher!!
Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!
Hugs
Jodi =)