Sunday 6 September 2009

A Piece of Cake !!!!

Hi everyone,

Today I have an entry for the C.R.A.F.T Challenge, which this week is anything except a card.

I've made a piece of cake and decorated it using flowers, ribbon & a hat pin.


The flower arrangement ...


I found a template at Paper Craft Planet, but the sizes quoted meant that if you made a whole cake you would need 11 slices. As I am hoping to find the time to make a whole cake, using coordinating card for different slices, I decided to alter the dimensions so that 12 slices would make a whole cake. So, with the help of my Technical Support Department (AKA my Hubby !!!) I now have a template that, when made, will make a whole cake with 12 slices.
If you would like to use my altered template then you are welcome to download it. However, it would be nice if you could link back to my blog please and leave me a comment so that I can see what you have created!
It will not matter how large the slice of cake is, if you scale the template up or down it will always make a 12 slice cake.





  1. With your mouse on the template image, press the LEFT button on your mouse once. This should open the template image in a new, bigger window.
  2. Now, with your mouse on the new image, press the RIGHT button on your mouse once. A menu will appear. Choose the “Save Picture As” option and then choose a location on your computer to store it to.
  3. If you now open the image from your computer, you should be able to print it full-size on an A4 sheet.
HINT:
If you print the image on the back of your card in draft mode (to save ink!) you can then follow the score lines without them showing on the outside of your box.


Hope you like this.

Thanks for dropping by.

Hugs
Penni
X

18 comments:

Linda . J said...

Hi Penni I just love this design and the flowers are beutiful. I love your blog and have add you to my list so I don't miss a thing and love the cats.
Hugs Linda

Anne said...

A beautiful piece of cake!! And no calories *lol*
Lovely details! =)

-Anne-

TuKara said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Tracey said...

oh your cake is so yummy.so very pretty.
Thank you so much for sharing the template,i have wanted this for a while now all need is some ink.

have a great week tracey xx

Trimgym said...

Lovely one, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck! Thank you also for your template, it really looks yummy.

Jo.

tracy said...

Wow Penni this looks stunning I will have to have a go at this one.
many thanks for helping me out with the tutorial the other day I haven't got round to doing it yet but will be doing one for my daughters birthday.
hugs tracy x

Stressed Stamper said...

Fantastic Penni - could use as a gift box also - love it
Sarah

celia said...

Wow super!!!!

Stephanie said...

This is truly stunning Penni - I love the flower arrangement :)
Hugs xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely box,like the pin. Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge. Anesha

Kim Dellow said...

Fabby project! Thansk for the info! Kim

Diamantin said...

A beautiful piece of cake!

Jacee said...

Oh boy Penni, do I love this!! what a fabulous job you've done here, it looks so gorgeous, fantastic challenge!

Inger Marie said...

Your box is so beautiful.
I have to try to make someone like that.
Hugs from Inger Marie

Susan said...

This is so beautiful and elegant!
Thanks for the template - I will certainly use it, have a few ideas already!
Hugs SuzyX

Create With Joy said...

Very pretty!

Ramona

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for the template - will definitely share my creation when I find the time! So glad I found your blog!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Thank you. I love the idea of making a pre-sliced cake out of paper.