Time for another challenge over at Graph-It Markers. Our theme this time is to create a background effect.
Here's my card
The image I used is a Ballerina by Morgan Fitzsimons at MorgansFaeWorld on Etsy.
Here's a close-up of the image
Graph'It Markers Used
Skin - 4170, 4125, 7120
Hair - 9404, 0000
Dress - 1180, 1110, 1250
Ballet Slippers - 4135, 5140
Background - 8240, 7220, 1170 with Mix'It Fluid
Background Photo Tutorial
You will need
Graph'It Markers (three colours makes a good mix)
Mix It Spray
Tim Holtz Ink Applicator and Felt
Photo Paper - Glossy or Satin finish (I used Satin finish)
1. Using the chisel tip of your marker, dab ink randomly onto the felt
2. Take your second colour and dab the felt
3. Take your third colour and continuing dabbing
4. Make sure you fill all the gaps with ink
5. Liberally spray the inked felt with Mix'It Spray
6. Dab all over your paper with the ink filled applicator
7. Continue dabbing until you have the desired coverage. The more you dab, the more mixed the finish background will be
Here's the finished background
I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:
Kit and Clowder - Anything Goes
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Make your own background
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you like the background effect I've created.
Don't forget to visit the Graph'It Marker Blog and enter our challenge.