Sunday 5 July 2009

Edwin the Lion Keeper

Hi

Hope you're all having a happy, sunny Sunday!!!

Today I have a card for two challenges
- Just Magnolia's Monthly Tutorial Challenge which is Distressing and A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge where the theme is summer.

So, here's what I made:




As I love taking my boys to the zoo during the school summer holidays, I decided to make a zoo inspired card for the summer theme.

I used two Magnolia stamps - "Edwin as Animal Keeper" and "Lion".
I coloured them using my Copics and also used some dark gold glitter glue on the lion's mane & tail and my silver Sakura metallic pen for Edwin's belt buckle and key.


I used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade to distress around the lion. I used some black Co-ordinations card and distressed the edge to reveal an orange core.


I also had some fibres in my stash, which I've used to the left of the lion, I think they look quite effective.

The papers are from Joanna Sheen's Jane Netley Mayhew Collection CD ROM.


I'm also linking this card to the Charmed Delectable Stamps Blog where they have a set of 72 Copic Pens up for grabs - go check it out!!

Thanks for dropping by. Hope you like it.

Hugs
Penni
X

14 comments:

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Penni,
What a cute card! The lion in the center is adorable, I love the fiber bit you added too!
Karen

Sarah B said...

This is a great card, Penni, I'm thinking of buying this stamps, and a whole list of others, keep up the fantastic work, Hugs SArah B X

Karen Mortensen said...

Fab card Penni. Love that lion!
Good luck in the Copic draw x

Sarah said...

Lovely card Penni. The new Magnolia stamps are so cute aren't they? :-)
p.s. your bengal kitties are SOOOO beautiful!
Sarah xx

Susan said...

Loving the Lion - another stamp to add to my wish list!
"Roar"
SuzyX

Mina said...

what a great card Penni, I love your touch of glitter on the lion...thanks for joining in with this months Just Magnolia tutorial challenge
Mina xxx

Louise said...

love the lion stamp and you have made a fab card with him,your colour choice is perfect and love the idea of a bit of glitter on the mane.

MarkerGeek said...

This is fabulous, Penni! Absolutely love it. Great colouring!

Jacilynn said...

I love these new images. Super cute card!

cats whiskers said...

Brilliant card again dear just love your colouring of these cute Magnolias stunning
Hugs Jacqui x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh such a cool card, lovely idea. Kim

Marcea said...

hi there sweetie, wow .... love your card!! What a fab choice of papers - so cool!
-x-

crafty amy said...

What an amazing card I love the bits of sparkle in hi mane and the fibre :D
Thank you for telling me how you did the note book I will have to give that a go.
Thank you for putting in to join us at stampin’ for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Gunn (Merete) said...

Wow, this is an amazing card. The lion is so cute. I love this one.