Wednesday 21 March 2012

Copic Colouring "Textured" Jeans - A Video Tutorial

Hi

When I colour jeans with my Copic Markers, I like to add some texture using Holtz Copic Activator and a scrap of old denim cloth.  I've made a video showing how I do this.


If you don't have any Holtz Copic Activator, you can use Colourless Blender Refill Fluid or Copic Cleaner Fluid in a Mini Mister instead.

I used this image to make a note book using my We R Memory Keepers Cinch.


The image is from Saturated Canary and is called "Love Letters".  Here's a close up of the finished image:


List of Copics Used:

Skin - E21, E0000, E000, E00 R20
Lips - R22
Eyes - B34
Hair - E31, E34, E37
Top - R22, R24, C2, C0 and Colourless Blender
Jeans - B91, B93, B95 and B97
Envelope - W1 and R22


The other items used on this project are:

Cinch Binding Machine
Cinch 0.75 inch O-Wire
Cinch Book Boards
Xyron Creative Station Adhesive
Pencil
Papers and Card from my stash
Charm, Chain, Mini Bulldog Clip, Bakers Twine and Ribbon from my stash
Tabs and Book Plate cut using my Silhouette


I'm entering this book into the following challenges:

Saturated Canary Challenge - Twine
My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge - Let's Get Digital
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Red, White & Blue
2 Sisters Challenge - Spots and Dots


Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I hope you found my video helpful.


Hugs
Penni
X

9 comments:

Anne said...

That was just brilliant!!!! I've never heard of Holtz Activator but now I'm on the trail! Thanks for that fantastic tutorial Penni - your colouring is amazing and the effect is just....brilliant!!! :o) xx

Marjo said...

Awesome project Penni, love the colors!

hugs, Marjo

Linda said...

This is so fantastic.. Great tutorial.. Hugs, Linda

Loopylou. said...

omgosh thats gorgeous!! I love the jeans too.
thank you for popping in and sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous hun..
hugs and xxx
Gemma

carol said...

super creation, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Stephanie said...

I think your copic colouring is astonishing! Thanks for the tutorial, the notebook is delightful :) Have a great weekend Penni x

Vicky said...

Fabulous card sweetie fab colouring & of course I love this image.

Thank you also for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Mary Brockway said...

Holy WOWZA! Now THIS is how you use a digi :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Saturated Canary Challenge.

xox